Thursday, August 07, 2008

Weight Loss Wednesday...on Thursday (teehee)

Here are my accountability numbers.

This week:  One half pound

Overall:  Three pounds

Since I started this six weeks ago, I realize three pounds overall is nothing to write home about.  

Still, I'm excited.  Why?  Because I've gotten the wagon moving.

I once read something written by a wise man about fasting.  I wish I remembered who it was so I could give him credit.  He said that starting to fast was like trying to get a rusty old wagon to move.  The very hardest part is getting the wheels to move AT ALL.  And the more you push the easier it gets.

I think I have started the wagon moving.  I am aware of what I'm eating.  I'm not trying to eat as much as I can get away with as I did before.  I'm trying, for the most part, to eat as small an amount as I can and still keep myself nourished and not too hungry.  

AND, after last week's experience, I'm trying to eat as little fat as possible.  I'll write more about this awakening next week.


5 comments:

Mimi said...

Whohooooo! You go, girl!

Sarah - Kala said...

You're doing just fine. I'll keep you in prayer. It's always hard to put one foot in front of the other, but soon you'll be walking out that door! (Okay, corny song from a Santa film long ago, remember it?). 3 pounds is still 3 pounds and it is something to "write home about" (or blog about, in this case).

Congrats!!

Melissa said...

congrats!!!!! Yea for yoU!

Kellan said...

You are doing great - congratulations!

See you - Kellan

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Sounds a lot like my weight loss journey. I'm supposed to be doing WW, but I'm just not in the mood to count and weigh and measure all the time, so I'm just trying to eat LESS and eat better stuff. Congratulations on the 3 lbs. It will add up over time.