Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ruthann's Gift!!

Some time ago I posted this photo of the hostas right off my porch, because I thought they looked so lovely with the raindrops on the leaves.  Ruthann also likes hostas.  Do you know what she did?  She printed this photo and made it into an art quilt!!!



Ruthann printed it on fabric and then quilted it.  Be sure to make the picture below bigger so you can see her lovely stitching on the leaf lines.  She also added tiny Swarovsky crystals to capture the glistening raindrops!

I was so surprised when, at the Cinderella opening night, Ruthann told me she had something for me.  I couldn't imagine what it could be.  Then she brought in this lovely art quilt and gave it to me!!!!



Here it is hanging on my wall.

Isn't it gorgeous?!

Is Ruthann not only sweet but very talented??!!

I was so touched by this kind act of generosity and thrilled by the beauty of the piece!

Ruthann, thank you so much!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is amazingly beautiful!
How did she get this printed on cloth? I can only imagine how surprised you were, Rosemary.

Sarah - Kala said...

It is lovely! How do you thank someone for something so nice?!? You are one lucky gal!!

Mandy said...

What a sweet friend!!! I love it! It really is beautiful!

Melissa said...

beauitful, we have some of thos ein our garden and i love them!

Mimi said...

That is so beautiful! What a lovely gift!

Munchkins and Music said...

Wow, impressive!

Anna B. said...

Wow, amazing.. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is beautiful!

EC Gefroh said...

Wow, that is truly lovely!!!

antonia said...

wow!!! That is pretty special!