Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weight Loss Wednesday

Accountability Numbers:

This Week-- No gain or loss

Overall-- Three pounds

This is going AWFULLY slowly!

OK.  I know that means I have to eat less.  But I AM eating less.  I actually think I would have been lower this morning if I hadn't had a rather salty dish for dinner last night.  Maybe retained some water?  (I bet you're thinking, 'She always has some excuse.'  LOL)

I've eaten very little fat this week.  After my hospital scare I thought about how I could be doing more to lessen the chances of really ending up there having had a heart attack.  So I've put myself on a very low fat diet.  Even turned down ice cream several times.  Not only will I be healthier this way, I HAVE to eventually lose more weight.  There are only so many calories you can consume that have little or no fat.  

So.  I'm still optimistic that I can lose that additional 10 to 15 pounds.

Thanks for indulging me with this accountability.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your blog. I'm a Catholic mom of four-two boys and two girls. Just remember with your weight loss, good things come to those who wait.

Rosemary said...

Alex, thank you for the encouragement and thanks for visiting my blog.

Sarah - Kala said...

You can do it!! I'll keep this in my prayers for you. It's hard for me to lose the weight, too, but you know? I've dropped from 167 to 157 and I keep maintaining for now. I still want to see 135 some day, but cutting out the food only went so far . . . now I have to WALK or something! Pray for me to get moving!!

Mandy said...

Losing weight is not fun but I have no doubt you can do it after reading and getting to know you a little bit through the blogs. :-) Keep up the good work, persistance pays!

Anonymous said...

Rosemary,
Let me suggest that you check out the South Beach Diet book. I've had success with this, finally! I had been down that low fat road so many times in the past and had been so discouraged. Even my cardiologist likes this plan. See what you think-- and good luck!

Rosemary said...

JOT, Thank you! It would help if I got myself exercising more too!
Thank you, Mandy! I love this encouragement!
Clare, But isn't south Beach high in fat?

Suzanne said...

Rosemary,
You are exactly where I am. I mean, I lose about 3 or 4, maybe even 5 lbs. with light exercise, but every doctor and every book I've read said that the body will more fiercly hold onto the fats after awhile without increased exercise...doesn't have to be terribly strenuous, but something about the brain says something like..."She's starving me...hold on fats and calories...hold on for your life!" LOL! I hope that I can get into exercise mode this week better. I'll tell you if anything begins to work...you are on the good ol plataeu, most likely.