Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Seven Sorrows of Mary As Given to St. Bridget


Saint Bridget of Sweden, in addition to the twelve year prayers I wrote of last week, also received from Our Lady the devotion of the Seven Sorrows of Mary. The glossy foldout pictured above contains both the twelve year prayers and the seven sorrows. It can be ordered from the Dupage Marian Center online or by phone. (630-968-5268). From the pamphlet: Whoever prays seven Hail Marys daily while meditating upon her tears and sorrows and then spreads this devotion, will be promised the following graces by Our Lady:

1. I will grant peace to their families.

2. They will be enlightened about the Divine mysteries.

3. I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.

4. I will give them as much as they ask for, as long as it does not oppose the Adorable Will of my            Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.

5. I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every      instant of their lives.

6. I will visibly help them at the moment of their death; they will see the face of their mother.

7. I have obtained (this grace) from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my            tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness, since all their            sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation.

The seven sorrows are:

1. Simeon's prophecy that a sword will pierce Mary's soul. Hail Mary...

2. The flight into Egypt. Hail Mary....

3. The loss of the child Jesus in the Temple of Jerusalem. Hail Mary...

4. The meeting of Jesus and Mary on the Way of the Cross. Hail Mary...

5. Mary witnesses the Crucifixion and the death of Jesus on the Cross. Hail Mary...

6. The dead body of Jesus is taken down and laid in the arms of His Holy Mother. Hail Mary...

7. The Burial of Jesus with Mary's tears and loneliness. Hail Mary...

It's easy to memorize these seven sorrows. Since there are no additional prayers, they can be said while driving, taking a walk, whenever. Pretty simple. Pretty amazing promises from Our Lady.


No comments: