Monday, June 09, 2008

Family Moment Monday---Bowling







Motherhood for Dummies hosts "Family Moment Monday."  Check it out for great suggestions on Family Safety, or if you want to participate.                                                  
 
A family activity that we enjoy occasionally is bowling.   Mind you, despite the strike on video here, none of us are any good.   I mean.....we're terrible.   I guess my husband must have potential because he had nearly as many strikes as gutterballs but,....you get the picture.

Because we're all terrible it's a lot of fun.  Luck plays as much a part in the overall scores as any occasional (accidental?) demonstration of skill.  There's no pressure  and no one feels embarrassed about how bad they are.

The lack of skill also allows for a lot of laughs.  We laugh at ourselves.  We laugh at each other.  No one is exempt.

Plus, the shiny, smooth, cool-colored balls are fun to experiment with.  (Is there a size/weight that would work better for me?  Maybe THAT's my problem...teehee)

AND.... it's a GREAT rainy day activity.  You get exercise and stay dry!!!!!  But, most importantly, we're all doing something together as a family.  And these are the ties that bind.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

oh I loooove bowling. My husband and I just did this Friday for our date night :)

Kellan said...

I told the kids that we might try going bowling some during the summer - I haven't been in so long. Looks like fun!

Have a good evening, Rosemary - see you - Kellan

Sarah - Kala said...

I love bowling! We are so bad, it is hilarious. The only thing we split are our sides. Sorry, I couldn't help myself! We do enjoy it immensely when we get a strike, though.

Suzanne said...

Bowling is fun. I am not good at this sport or any for that matter, but it is fun. Shane is quite the boweler...he's bowled a few 300's and many over 200 now and he's only 14!
Still, I think these may be his best years as his attitude is good..sometimes we get older and act more pressured and mess up. Hope he keeps enjoying this sport.
Glad you had fun as a family! ;)
Suzanne