Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Weight Loss Wednesday


I recently discovered a fascinating weight loss fact.

The above Sweet and Salty bar has very healthy ingredients.  It has a lot of fiber.  It has protein.  It is low in fat and has zero transfats.  And it's quite tasty.  It has 170 calories.

I need not describe what the Haagen-Daz Vanilla and Swiss Almond bar has to offer, right?  It's to die for.  It's the yummiest.  I'm sure it's full of fat.  But it's the snack size.  I actually like the size because you don't have to feel quite so guilty about eating.

All right.  Are you ready for the fascinating fact???

The Haagen-Daz bar is 175 calories!!!!!  The granola bar is 170!!!!!!

Now, you might think that this comparison should make me realize that I should be careful about thinking that the granola bar is a healthy food that is fine to eat whenever I'm hungry.
NO.  That is not what I'm thinking.  

I'm thinking, "WHY AM I EATING THE GRANOLA BAR WHEN I CAN EAT THE HAAGEN-DAZ BAR FOR THE SAME NUMBER OF CALORIES?"   (Maybe this is my problem.  I'm always trying to see what I can get away with.....teehee)

Still, I'm so glad Haagen-Daz is making snack size portions.  It IS good to know, don't you think?

11 comments:

Stevie Moon said...

Too funny! That is exactly what I'd be thinking too!

Sarah - Kala said...

I'd waffle the Haagen Daz as well!!

Mimi said...

I'm with you, always go for the Haagen Daz

Kellan said...

YEP - Very good to know!!!!!! I love Haagen-Daz!

Have a good afternoon - Kellan

Suzanne said...

Have you had Skinny Cows, Rosemary?
Good and only 140 calories...rather good side snack too! :)

Sarah - Kala said...

I second the Skinny Cows (especially the fudge bars). Yum-o!

JOT

Rosemary said...

I'll have to try the Skinny cows. Still, 140 calories, I might still go for the Haagen Daz.

Melissa said...

wow.... why waist time with granola!?!?!!

Rosemary said...

M for D, my thoughts, exactly.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Until surgery I would have come to the same conclusion -- but you know that all calories are not created equal!

Since surgery I have to make every single thing that goes into my mouth count -- protein first, fiber next, calcium and all the other GOOD stuff next. As yummy as it sounds, I wouldn't be able to justify the yummy ice cream. *SIGH* :-(

Ruthann

Anonymous said...

Actually, isn't the snack size the portion we should be eating as a regular serving size?