Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Weight Loss Wednesday

Is weight loss too sensitive/personal a topic too talk about online?  I'm wondering. (wondering who might be reading it and whether or not I would want just ANYONE to be reading it.....) 

On the other hand.....I'm not telling anyone my actual weight or posting pictures of myself in a swimsuit, thanks be to God.  If I ever start posting pictures of myself in a swimsuit somebody tell me, "Rosemary, get a grip.  You're over the line." LOL

I write about it in order to hold myself somewhat accountable for what I want to do, which is to get to a more healthy weight.  If I'm successful, maybe my journey could be an encouragement to others.

That being said I have lost ONE HALF pound in the last week.  Now this could be a cause for discouragement.  But I'm choosing to look at it as a little tiny baby step in the right direction.  (I'm hoping it's not just a shift in water weight.)  I did have a pretty good week.  I think I did take some small steps in the right direction of paying attention to what I'm eating and resisting my tendency to compulsively eat for comfort or to relieve stress....or just to have the enjoyment of taste.

My goal is to eat only when I'm legitimately hungry and to stop when I honestly feel satisfied.  And by "satisfied" I mean when my stomach feels satisfied, not my head, if you know what I mean.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer.


11 comments:

Melissa said...

actually, it isn't about eating less meals. It is good to snack small... because it keeps your metabolism going and your body wont hang onto food thinking there isn't enough.

The big key is to not eat too much. At dinner, take a small helping and to drink water. A lot of the time the body is hungry... it is actually thristy AND the body wont register it is full when people are on their seconds. It will do it later and then it is too late to take the seconds back.

I have been doing this and have noticed a difference in my weight finally.
Good luck... weight is frusterating!!!!

Kellan said...

I'm with you - I've definitely been trying to change up a few things lately - trying to lose a little weight too. Good luck to you. See you later - Kellan

Mimi said...

I lost about 40 pounds two years ago (and wrote about it on my Blog) and portion control is huge. We tend to eat because it is there, frankly.

I made a bargain with myself that if I was still hungry after I had my portion in twenty minutes, I'd have more. Every once in awhile, I had more, but usually, I wasn't hungry.

Rosemary said...

Great advice, everybody! thank you!

Suzanne said...

I'm trying to do the same and to walk. I've had 3 rosary walks now and have been eating reasonably well for three days. I feel better already. Always keep the Holy Spirit in your heart about it all too..just like you would with other things. I think that is helping me.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

There won't be any swimsuit photos on my blog either. I put a swimsuit on as seldom as I can arrange!!

I gave up soda a week ago and switched to unsweetened iced tea with a splash of cran juice. I'm hoping there will be a corresponding weight loss now that Pepsi is no longer in the picture.

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, yes, I will keep the Holy Spirit in my heart about it. Great suggestion. And maybe a rosary walk with the dog? that would do us both some good.
Barb, I'm with you. Hope there will be a loss from the lack of pepsi. good luck.

Suzanne said...

Off on my 4th rosary walk in just a few minutes! Glad you liked the suggestion. :)
Your picture is so pretty. Don't worry about "touching it up " a bit..your spirit shows through in your eyes and smile and that would not be something one could just put on there...its from the soul! ;) Love ya!

Sarah - Kala said...

Be satisfied with your success!! You can do it! I'll keep it in my prayer intentions!!

JOT

Melissa-Mc said...

Good luck in your efforts to become more healthy.

I've learned that the slower it comes off (as hard and frustrating as that can be) the more likely it is to stay off. Those that lose super fast rarely stay that way.

I think you look great.

AdriansCrazyLife said...

I have a weight loss program I tried that you might be interested in. It's called Weigh Down and it's a biblically based weight loss program that is both simple and easy to follow. I think the website is either Weighdown.com or Weighdown.org.