Friday, August 04, 2006

Mel Gibson's drunken anti-Semitic remarks

OK. Mel Gibson has made a couple of big mistakes. The worst mistake was getting behind the wheel of a car drunk. That could have resulted in someone losing their life. The second was saying stupid, hurtful things in his belligerent stupor. But Mel has made a very heartfelt, sincere, public apology in which he makes no excuses for his behavior. I am convinced that the media are all over this repentant man not because there is anything unusual about a Hollywood star doing something dangerous, hurtful, or stupid. They are crowding around him like predators because he made the movie the "Passion of the Christ." Rabbi Marc Gellman has written an essay on Mel Gibson's sins that puts the whole issue in a good perspective, I think. I hope this link thing works. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I agree, in no way to I condone his actions, but I truly appreciate a heartfelt and swift apology.