Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cedar Point Trip

Tomorrow we are taking a family trip to Cedar Point Amusement Park. Five of the kids will come. Neither my husband nor I enjoy roller coasters much, but he says he will go on some tomorrow. I have an awful feeling that my youngest will be tall enough to be allowed on any ride. And she's fearless-- she'll want to go on them all!! Oh dear.

I don't understand really the appeal of scary rides. What is fun about the feeling of impending death? What is enjoyable about panicy, adrenaline surges? It sounds awful to me. And what about the dizziness? I get dizzy just watching them from the ground. I especially get dizzy if one of my children is on it.

In any event, it will be fun to be together as a family. (Wish I could sit and blog somewhere while they're on the roller coasters.)

4 comments:

Renee said...

My oldest son is a roller coaster fanatic. It is his dream to go to Cedar Point someday. I can't wait to hear how it was!

Mimi said...

I hope it went well.

I enjoy roller coasters, but those things that take you up and drop you are something that I've given up after motherhood.

Anonymous said...

My best visit to Cedar Point was when I went along to babysit my friend's nursing six-month-old. (They were celebrating her husband's grad school graduation.) I finally had somebody who whould let me sit and watch the glass-blower as long as I wanted.

Rosemary said...

MPN, your son would love Cedar Point. So many different kinds of roller coasters at various thrill levels and various styles. :)

Mimi, I dropped them even before motherhood...They are kind of fun to watch though, as long as your own kids aren't on it...

Salome ellen, Now that sounds like a fun trip to CP. I wanted to see the glass blower but it was closed by the time we got to that end of the park...