Friday, January 04, 2008

Some of my New Year's Resolutions

Spend more time listening to the Lord.

Spend more time in prayer. Make prayer the highest morning priority. It's too easy for it not to happen if I wait until later in the day.

Exercise daily. Go to Curves 2-3 times a week. Take Lucky on a long walk on the other days.

Eat better. Lose weight. Remind myself daily that I really do want to lose weight more than I want to eat whenever I feel like it.

Exercise my mind with more writing and reading. (Where will the time come from?)

Organize my time better with more planning. Get to daily Mass more frequently.

Is this unrealistic? Yes, they are all good things-- even essential things. But I also have responsibilities that must be fulfilled. Lord, please give me your priorities. May I do what you want me to do and let go of what you would have me let go of. You know the number of hours in the day. May I use each precious one as you desire.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Happy New Year, Rosemary! Your resolutions sound so familiar to me - they are pretty similar to the ones I made. (P.S. - I go to Curves, too!).

Rosemary said...

I guess it's a "mom thing", mkm. LOL

Anonymous said...

i'm with you Rosemary!

EC Gefroh said...

Happy New Year Rosemary! I am glad to see you go to Curves. They contribute to the prolife cause.
God bless,

Rosemary said...

Thanks, Jackie. Esther, I did not know they contribute to the prolife cause and I'm very happy to hear it!