Sunday, February 11, 2007

Notre Dame Ballroom Dancers


First of all, thank you so much for your prayers for my son's audition. May the Lord's will be done. Still, I'm hoping for the Lord's will to be that he is admitted because University of Michigan is really the school he wants to go to. Now we wait for the letter. He had five judges watching him and he was videotaped as well. How unnerving. God's will be done.

The ballroom dancers. The guys stayed at my house overnight and the girls at my friend Mary's. These young men were as gracious and polite as you can imagine. Some slept on the floor, some on couches. And they were all grateful just for a place to sleep. I made them coffee in the morning, put out some cereal, baked a simple egg casserole, and put out a plate of donuts with milk and juice. You would have thought it was an elegant brunch buffet from their reaction. They were personable, friendly, and kind. I have to say this has repeatedly been my experience with Notre Dame students. The only explanation I can think of for ND students being so consistently nice, great, young people is that the grace of Our Lady is upon that school. I think she may choose who goes there.

There was my ironing board set up in the kitchen as they put finishing touches on the shirts they would wear to dance in. I offered to iron for them but they said they could do it.

And these guys can dance. They've obviously worked really hard learning steps and they can dance like men's men, if you know what I mean. They were clearly humble guys who worked hard and wanted to do a good job with and for their partner. I was impressed. Most made it to the semi-finals or farther. (My own son and his partner made it to the finals :) What a pleasure to see them dance. They were especially good at swing and jive.

Made me feel like dancing! Hope to post a picture of Mike and Rebecca soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just reading this post put a smile on my face!

I will pray for your son at Adoration this morning.

Suzanne said...

Hey! Come and visit to see my new pretty Alexa made for me! :)

Kristen Laurence said...

How wonderful! What gentlemen.

I will offer a prayer up for your son's admittance. How blessed you are to have a pianist in the family.

EC Gefroh said...

That was so nice to read!

Anonymous said...

Rose, you have THE COOLEST kids! You and your husband have done a wonderful job!

Ruthann

Anonymous said...

Thank you all so much.

Anonymous said...

Ruthann, you definitely have a cool kid too!

Rosemary said...

The anon. comments are from me (Rosemary) I goofed :)