Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Brother

I went with my brother to the University of Michigan yesterday for an endoscopy on his esophagus. His esophagus, so they say, is failing. Although he had fasted for two days it was still full of food. Apparently a little goes down at a time because he is eating, but the esophagus is not pushing it into his stomach. It's very distended. Now he has to stay on clear liquid for a week and then they will try again. Clear liquids for a week! And then there's the anxiety about its future functioning. He has achalasia, a rare disease of the esophagus. Please keep him in your prayers.....Thanks so much.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Your brother will be in my prayers. God Bless!

Mimi said...

Oh dear. Be assured of my prayers.

EC Gefroh said...

Praying Rosemary. My f-i-l recently had an operation on his esophagus and it has helped him a bit.

ukok said...

So sorry to learn of your brothers' suffering. Be assured of my prayers for him, Rosemary.

(((hug)))

Rosemary said...

Thak you for your prayers. My brother thanks you too.