Sunday, January 14, 2007

Charlotte's Web

Tonight my three daughters and I went to see "Charlotte's Web" while my husband and sons stayed home to see the opening episodes of "24."

"Charlotte's Web was good. We enjoyed it. It was fun. It was wholesome. It was well done and it was a G!!! I recommend it. I especially like Charlotte's description of her egg laying as her "magnum opus." I have always liked that. The idea is so counter-cultural. To think that a mother's bearing and raising of her children could be her greatest work!!! (And not something she does on the side, subcontracting the mundane details to someone with less intelligence, skills, and drive than Mom.) The raising of her children is a mother's greatest work, like it or not, feminists.

Plus it was fun to just be out with my three daughters!! (Some examples of my greatest work!!)

6 comments:

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

How many Mosques in Detroit and in Dearborne?

We have a Reality Weblog, and we care about this nation. reb

Your comment?

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

FloridaWife said...

That's nice that you had a nice time out with you daughters. My husband and I stayed home to watch 24. (We'd never seen it before, but decided to see what it was all about.)

(Thanks for checking out my blog and telling me about your experience with Saint Gerard.)

Lori said...

We also want to see Charlotte's Web. I love that movie. It's so hard to find "G" movies. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Beatrix Potter movie.

Rosemary said...

Florida Wife, how did you like 24? I've heard good things about it but I'm not much into action shows.

Lori, I know. I see the G and think, what a relief. You can't count on PGs anymore. Sometimes they're OK and sometimes they're horrendous.

Is that Snake Hunter's comment spam? I don't get it. Do they just randomly send comments to try to get traffic? (Sorry, Snakehunter, send me an email if you're for real.)

Kitchen Madonna said...

That's spam or something like it.

I can't wait to see Charlotte's Web and you must be very happy knowing you have six masterpieces!

Blessings,
KM

Rosemary said...

KM, I don't know if they are masterpieces... LOL...but raising them is indeed my greatest work. (smile)