Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy Birthday Jim!!

Happy Birthday Jimmy!!!!
Today is my dear son Jim's 15th birthday ( The unborn baby of several posts ago.) I can't believe he's fifteen and in high school, for heaven's sakes. He's taller than I am. (Course, those of you who know me know that's not saying much.)
Jim has a heart of gold. He would do anything for anybody. I've never seen a child so self-sacrificing. He frequently gives up things for others, without anybody even knowing it. I've actually had to talk to him about the importance of also treating himself well. And this from a teenager!!
Must be all those prayers from his godmother, Patti Anne!!
Oh Lord, please bless this child in a special way on this his birthday. I thank you for the gift of being his mother. May he be your good and faithful servant all the days of his life. May Your grace and Your peace always be upon him.
If my daughter helps me, I may be able to post a photo of Jim and me tomorrow. (As the mom makes little tiny incremental baby steps into technology. LOL)

9 comments:

ukok said...

Happy Birthday to your son. May he have a wonderful day :-)

Suzanne said...

How precious! God bless you precious son! You know...I love being a godmother and I try to remember to pray for my godchildren daily. I posted a picture of one of my godsons (there is a dog in it with him if you go back to look and scroll around) anyway, he is such a good boy so far and I am so happy. So, yes, your Patty's prayers can have something to do with it, but with a mommy like you...hmmm...well......he is blessed there too! :)

Reenie said...

yay! happy birthday jimmy! i can't believe how grown up he is! I remember babysitting when he was just an accident prone toddler... and it doesn't seem that long ago either. he is a sweetheart and i'm sure it has to do with his godmothers prayers and his wonderful parents too :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your son! He sounds like a special young man.

Denise said...

Many Happy birthday wishes and blessings to your son! They do grow up so fast!

Mimi said...

Happy, happy Birthday to Jimmy! Many Years

(I also have a 15 year old)

Rosemary said...

Thank you all!!

Suzanne, don't make me cry :)I'm going to your blog to look for the picture of your godson.

Maggie and Suzy, it hasn't been that long! That's the amzing thing.

EC Gefroh said...

Sorry I'm a little late in posting but Happy Birthday Jimmy!!

Unknown said...

I wished Jimmy a happy birthday last night and he let me give him a hug in the midst of his peers. That is the sign of one really great kid! I also can't believe that he is 15 and in high school. He has such a great spirit. I think that he knows how loved he is. For a teen that is quite an accomplishment. May he be blessed as he has been a blessing. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him.

Love,
His godmother