Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Interview by Sarah (JOT)

Sarah from Ora et Labora has provided me with the following interview and instructions.

The Interview by Sarah at  Ora et Labora- A Faithful Catholic's Blog

Instructions:1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me".

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


So, here are the 5 questions with my answers...

1.What achievement are you the most proud of each of your children?

You mean I get an open invitation to brag about my children?  OK.  For my oldest, Michael, who is 24, I am proud of his graduation from Notre Dame and the two excellent academic years he spent at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point.  I am also proud of his awesome skill as a ballroom dancer.  Most of all, I am proud of his strong commitment to his faith.

Of Anne, my 23 year old, I am proud of her graduation as a nurse from Madonna University with high honors.  She is mildly dyslexic and yet was always on the honor roll from the time she started school in 6th grade.  She simply made up her mind to put in the extra time and work it took.  I am also proud of her recent Daisy Award for Extraordinary Nursing.  And.... her faith.

For John, one of my proudest moments was when he won the concerto competition at Eastern Michigan University as a freshman.  The competition was open to all grade levels, including graduate students, and all instruments.  I was also proud when he was asked to play at the inauguration of the new EMU President.  I am especially proud when he plays in the music ministry at church.  And I have always been proud of his great smile and good heart.

For Jim, I am very proud of his astonishing willingness to sacrifice for others.  I have never seen such an unselfish teenager.  His love of God is inspiring and his eagerness to defend the faith is incredible.  He actually posted a challenge online, "I am a Catholic.  Argue with Me."  And then proceeded to have many hours of conversations with atheists.  I am so proud of his courage and generosity to the Lord.

For Mary, I am proud of her self-discipline and sense of responsibility.  She's 14 and I never have to check up on her for chores or homework or anything.  She does her work.  She is so reliable and plus she has a very kind and generous heart.  Very thoughtful.

For Liz, who is 12 I am proud of her courage, her intelligence, and her creativity.  She also has mild dyslexia and schoolwork is sometimes a struggle.  Yet she keeps at, slowly improving, and never giving up.  I am also proud of her creativity and exuberance.  She's a fun kid to be around.
(OK.  I'm just a little proud of my kids...  sorry).

2.What single thing do you wish to be remembered by?
    Does it have to be only one thing?  I guess I would like to be remembered as someone who loved the Lord and loved others, someone who prayed, was humble, and was willing to forgive.

3.If you could give your husband one of his biggest life dreams, what would that be, and, what would that mean to you?
One of his biggest life dreams???  Hmmm.  In terms of material things, I would give him a house on a lake.  It would mean a lot to me because I know how much being near the water gives him peace.

4.Where in the world would you like to go that you have never been before - and why is that place attractive to you?
I would like to go to the Holy Land so I could see the places significant in the life of my Savior.  It would mean a lot to me so see them with my own eyes (rather than in my imagination.)

5.What is the happiest memory of your childhood?
I had a very happy childhood.  Probably the happiest memory would be of the birth of my little sister.  I was 8 and had been praying for a baby sister for many years.  I had no doubt she would be a girl.  There was custom in our neighborhood that if you had a new baby girl you hung a pink receiving blanket on your lamppost so everyone would know it was a girl.  And blue if it was a boy.  I was staying with some neighbors when my mother was at the hospital.  When my father called to say I had a sister, my friends and I were so excited.  We ran down the street waving the pink blanket and tied it to the lamppost.  It was a glorious day.

So, Sarah, there are my answers.  Thanks for the interview.  If anyone would like to be interviewed by me you can tell me in the comments of this post.  (The questions will be different.)  This was fun. but I really needed to think a little about these answers...

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

You won an award over at Transcendental Musings..thought you might want to know. :) Look for the lemonade award stand...several posts down. :) I didn't know if you'd visited it and seen this recently.

Unknown said...

Rose, you are right, you have to think about these. I am very interested in your answers, and unfortunately, I cannot see all of the answers to some of your questions. Is this true for everyone? I'm a bit disappointed:)

Lyndsie Miles said...

Hey Rosemary,
I loved your comments on your children. Each one is so amazing!

But it was difficult to read the other answers because they aren't lining up rught on the page.

I always am up for an interview... it gives me moments to reflect.

P.S. How is Liz feeling?

Sarah - Kala said...

Thanks for letting me interview you. Same difficulties reading some of the answers as others noted, but overall, you did great! I expected no less from such a wonderful gal!

Mimi said...

What a beautiful answer on your children! You are an amazing mom.

You can interview me, but I won't put it on my blog, but answer here if that's ok!