Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Rain, rain, GO AWAY


Yuk!  I hate this weather.  It's very rainy, very dark, very GREY, and pretty cold.

It's winter rain-- my least favorite weather.  ( except for dangerous weather, you know)

I'd take a good snowstorm or thunderstorm any day over this mamby-pamby weather, not really cold, not cold enough for snow but cold enough to make you feel chilled!

It's grey!  SO GREY!!! Not a break in the foggy looking, thick grey sky.

It's 37 degrees.

Then tonight it's supposed to freeze.  Driving could get really dicey


BUT!! The little snapdragon that wouldn't die is still making me smile.  Here it is.  We've had weeks of freezing cold weather and it's still green.  OK.  It's pretty wilted, but it's still green.  The little miracle flower.  I think it's still alive, believe it or not.



You can even see a bit of its last little pink flower.  Blessed be God.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Rosemary,
The weather is the same here today.
I try to reflect on how I appreciated this past autumn. It was so pretty. I think we need more prayers and smiles this time of year and to be quiet and listen to a bit.

Rosemary said...

Yeah, Suzanne, listening is important. I'm not good at it.

Suzanne said...

:) Yes you are, Rosemary! :)
The only thing I can continue to say or think about THIS kind of weather is how good we feel when it clears up a bit.

Lyndsie Miles said...

I always have to do something a little more special on rainy days like that. I try to make a special treat or have some friends over.