Monday, December 29, 2008

Cousins...You gotta love 'em.


Christmas is usually celebrated at our house.  My sister comes with her family from St. Louis.  My brother comes with his from Lansing (about an hour and 15 minutes away).  And family friend Lisa came this year from Chicago.  It's great fun to have cousins, aunts and uncles together.

We all love each other.  I think this time spent together is priceless.  The kids experience unconditional love.  Family bonds are strengthened.  And everybody just has a lot of FUN!!!  The kids look forward to it every year.


Cousins don't care if you're athletic or well esteemed by your classmates at school.  They don't care what kind of grades you get or if you're talented.  They just want to hang out with you.

This year we played a lot of games. I particularly enjoy family activities adults and children can play together.  Tumbling Towers below is one of them.  We also played Scrabble, PDQ, Blokus, and others.  


Since some people stayed at a nearby hotel there was also a hot tub to relax in,


a pool to swim in.... or wrestle in.....


And time to just hang out with those special friends who also just happen to be cousins!

God is good.

2 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend quality time with cousins. I certainly miss mine! They're all having kids, too, and our kids don't know each other at all. It's so dern sad. But, when they have spent time together in the past, it's like they have always known each other. God IS indeed Good!

Hugs,
Sarah

Suzanne said...

Yes, I really enjoyed the very few cousins I had and my kids have tons they have never been able to enjoy as they live in Spokane, WA, but maybe one day ... still! I keep hoping and even if they are adults, they'll have fun because as soon as you start talking, the love is just there..its just there. :)