Monday, January 07, 2008

Weird Weather!!

It's 49 degrees out right now and the high today will be 57!!! FIFTY-SEVEN DEGREES in Michigan in the middle of January!!! Let me tell those of you who use Celsius or are not familiar with Michigan weather that this is really weird. All the ten inches of snow we had a week or so ago is melting quickly.

It's a really nice break from the dead of winter. It's not sunny. Still, this kind of temperature reminds everyone of Spring, although we are under no illusion that it's anywhere in sight. Thank you Lord for this balmy weather so reminiscent of hope.

6 comments:

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Oh my gosh! It was at least 40 something for the last 2 days here, too! Finally, the kids got to make a snowman! The snow is getting all loose and melty. I LOVE "global warming"! I know we're not going to be this lucky for the rest of the month, but days like these make the long winter easier to bear!

Rosemary said...

The high was 62 degrees, Laura!! In the middle of January. It was almost creepy-nice. My daughter made a comment that indicated she thought Spring was right around the corner. LOL "Nooooo, honey, no chance of that. We'll be getting a lot more snow before Spring."

Renee said...

We had the same thing in Chicago land. 60+ degrees. I spent the day cleaning up my flower beds, as I had not gotten to that job before the snow fell here. It was a terrific respite from our usual winter, to be certain.

Maryellen said...

When we lived in Iowa, we had what was called "The January thaw" when the weather would be unseasonably warm. It confused the fruit-bearing trees, and often affected the harvest from the Orchards.

Here in Tennessee, we reached 69 degrees yesterday with 60+ today again. That followed several days of being in the teens with windchill of seven degrees.

I thought it would be warmer in the South. It is warmer than Iowa, but I thought it would be warmer than it actually is.

I guess it's wierd weather all over - kinda spooky, actually. It's a nice break.

Rosemary said...

MPN, I thought about doing that too, having not gotten to it in the Fall...
Mary Ellen, I know! I'm hoping the crocuses don't get confused and start coming up. They often do that here. Silly, cute little flowers.

Rosemary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.