Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad

n


Today would have been my father's 83rd birthday. My day was very full with things to do. Still, I thought I might go to the mausoleum and say the rosary for him. It's a beautiful cold, but sunny, day. Then it occurred to me that maybe I should say the rosary at home and get his car washed to honor him. I know that sounds funny but my father was so meticulous about the appearance of his car, I actually thought getting it washed might please him. I could just see him chuckling and saying, "I'd rather you get the car washed than go to the mausoleum." I laughed at the thought and then did just that, saying the rosary for him at home after.
Anyway, Happy Birthday, Dad. We all really miss you a lot.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

What a lovely way to remember him! On this anniversary of his birth, my prayers for eternal memory for your dear father!

Maryellen said...

What a sweet thought. Thanks for posting that.

May your Father rest in Peace and claim his Eternal reward.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

What a thoughtful way to remember your father. May he rest in peace.

EC Gefroh said...

Hugs to you Rosemary and prayers for your dear dad's soul.

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your father & you too!

Shelly said...

What a beautiful *gift*!