Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What does white signify?

Today I was a substitute teacher for a second grade classroom in a Catholic school.

In religious education we were talking about the beginning of Lent on Ash Wednesday. I showed them a large poster with the circular diagram of the liturgical calendar on it. We talked about the purple sections of Advent, the green of ordinary time, the purple of Lent, and so on. Then I showed them the white section of the Easter season.

I asked them, "Who knows what this white section is?" One little hand shot up and he eagerly asked, "Snow days????"

6 comments:

Amber said...

Aww... how adorable!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Too cute! That's what's on their minds at this time of year, isn't it?

Mimi said...

Tee hee!

A blessed and fruitful Lent to you, my friend.

Rosemary said...

To you too, Mimi.
Angie and Amber, Yeah he was awfully cute. I have to confess I laughed, in spite of myself, and then explained to him that that was not really an unreasonable answer. It's just that that particular calendar was only about the liturgical year.
He and I both have snow days on our mind...

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi said...

Oooh, never mind, I see that White is the Easter season. Sorry about that.