Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lenten Meme

Jean from Catholic Fire has tagged me for this Lenten meme. Thank you, Jean.

What is your favorite Sorrowful Mystery?

Favorite....hmmm. Clearly as Jean said, the crucifixion has the most significance. I think I am most drawn to meditating on the Crowning with Thorns. The supreme irony of the King of kings and Lord of Lords submitting to being crowned with thorns and mocked has always struck me.

What is your favorite Station of the Cross?

I love Veronica wipes the face of Jesus. I am inspired by the tenderness of Veronica's action and the tenderness and immense love that Jesus returns to her by the miracle of the image on her veil.

.Do you fast during Lent?

Yes, of course, on the required days. We also try to avoid festive foods. I usually give up sweets, but this year but this year I am trying not to eat in between meals. I may also not eat breakfast and/or lunch on Fridays.

What is your Lenten Resolution(s)?

The above limitations on eating. I am also trying to exercise every day. I do not like to exercise. I am trying to do it as a matter of discipline.

Do you use Holy Water during Lent?

I do not use holy water any differently during Lent than I usually do. I generally only use holy water when I am in a situation in which I suspect spiritual warfare. Now that I think about it, it would be nice to have a font in the house. Perhaps I will get one this Lent.

How many times do you go to Mass during Lent?

I will go to Mass several times a week as I usually do.

I tag: Barb, Suzanne, Mary Poppins Not, Mimi, and Angie .

6 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

It took me just a bit, but I finally got it up on my blog. :) Thanks for the tag!

Rosemary said...

Sure, Angie, I'm enjoying your blog. I think I'll go read your answers now.

Suzanne said...

I responded and carried on the Lenten meme, Rosemary.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I know I'm tagged and I PROMISE to get it done. Even before Lent ends! This one requires a good deal of thought.

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, thanks. Loved your answers. Barb, no pressure, just if you feel like it:)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

All done :)