Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's been three years...

Today is the third anniversary of my mother's death. I can't believe I no longer have a living parent on Earth.

The granddaughter of Irish immigrants, my mother was a lot of fun. She loved to dance. She had a gift for hospitality and had many parties in her home. She was stylish and attractive. In high school she was voted best actress and second cutest in her class. You get the picture :)

But more than anything else, she was a mom. She had an unwavering devotion to her family and she adored her grandchildren. She only knew well the oldest three, all mine. My third, John the pianist used to play for her in her nursing home, but she never saw him in a recital. When she could still talk but was very confused she once said to me, "I just want to go home and be a mom." I knew just what she meant. She was always there for us. We always came first and we knew it. She was not perfect. (I only know of one mom who is.) But she was a very, very good mother. It's been three years and I still miss her very much.

9 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just can't imagine. I will pray for strength for you on this difficult day (even if it is, I suppose, already the next day -- sorry about that!).

Denise said...

Rosemary,
I will pray for you in your grief and for the repose of your mother's soul.
God Bless,
Denise

Mimi said...

May her Memory be Eternal. I will light a candle for her tonight.

Rosemary said...

Thank you Mimi. That is so sweet.
Thank you CM and Angie for the prayers.

EC Gefroh said...

Oh Rosemary! How you must miss her!

Renee said...

May her memory be eternal!

Mimi said...

I wanted to let you know that I did, she was in my prayers last night.

ukok said...

May the souls of our dear loved one's rest in peace.

You and your family members - on earth or having passed on - are in my prayers tonight.

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so very much.