Saturday, February 03, 2007

Bitter Cold!!!!

It is so cold here. It's heading toward highs of single digits. BRRRRRR...Even for those of us who are used to northern winters this is really cold. Dangerously cold. For-heaven's-sakes-don't-underdress cold! Have young people always had this attitude that they're not cold in a sweatshirt no matter how cold it is, or is this a recent rebelliousness thing? Hats! Gloves! Warmest coat and not negotiable! That's the kind of weather we're having. Hopefully every air-born virus will be knocked dead! (Every cloud has a silver lining. LOL)

5 comments:

Denise said...

When I used to live in Michigan's UP I used to say there were days we had a low and a lower. I refused to call a temperature below 20 degrees a high. Even here in Virginia we are getting weather colder than we are used to. And yes, my kids think a sweatshirt is impervious to cold. Of course if they have to spend much time outside they are grateful for the heavier coat. Stay warm!

Rosemary said...

Denise, you lived in the UP? Makes me cold just to think about it.

Denise said...

My husband was stationed at KI Sawyer. We got married and I moved there from Dallas. The first snowfall was more than my cumulative lifetime of snow. My first two children were born there. We've been back once since we moved away--in the summer. It was an adventure.

Anonymous said...

Rosemary - I know I'm a wimp, I know I'm a wimp, I know I'm a wimp - but I'm freezin my tail off in Alabama right now!! LOL
I've added a weather thing on my blog for the town in Iowa that we are moving to in a couple of weeks - it is -9 there tonight so I'm not sure if it's really cold here or if I'm just shivering in anticipation of the cold temps I WILL experience soon! LOL

We're shopping for winter gear this week - gloves, hats, scarves, warm socks, boots and REAL coats are definitely on the list!!!

Rosemary said...

Deanna, I'm sorry but I am not sympathetic (smile) It is now 7 degrees and dropping. You can feel the cold if you get too close to an outside wall. I'm not kidding. And our house is well insulated. Get real warm coats-- like down or thinsulate lined, if you ask me. Then again, it won't stay this cold forever...

Denise what an experience that must have been. You must have felt like you moved to the North Pole.