Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Saint John Bosco

"It is easier to become angry than to restrain oneself and easier to threaten a boy than to persuade him. It is more fitting to be persistent in punishing our own impatience and pride than to correct the boys." Saint John Bosco

Saint John Bosco-- what a sweetheart. Still, when I read this quote I think but mothers do need to correct their children... perhaps it should be done though with less persistence than the punishing of our own impatience and pride. Something for me to think about.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Rosemary! One of my very most favorites! St. John Bosco!
Thanks for writing about him today!
I did too. I hope those who don't know much about him will read our posts and go to investigate!
I totally agree...I must continue to look at my impatience and pride in my "correcting." :) God bless you!

Amy said...

That is lovely... and really something to think about. i ahve alwasy wanted to read him... but I admit I have never gotten around to it... eek.
Off to put him on my wish list!

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, I spent the afternoon watching Don Bosco..the film with Ben Gazzara playing his part..with my two teens. Have you seen this film? It is precious and was crying in the end...I love him so!
What a precious saint. Suzanne

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, he's one of my favorites too.

Amy Caroline, I want to read more of him too!

Suzanne, I must see the film! My son picked Saint John Bosco as his Confirmation saint.

Suzanne said...

If you can't find the film, I found it through Salesiana Publishers and it is on VHS. Maybe they have a DVD..I am not sure. You will be very moved by this film! :)

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, thanks for the tip on the film.