Saturday, January 27, 2007

"Have patience with everyone, including yourself." (to a woman beset with many tasks)



Since Barb has expressed an interest in reading more of Saint Francis de Sales I thought I would post this sweet quote from "Thy Will Be done: letters to persons in the World."

"Have patience with everyone, but chiefly with yourself; I mean to say, do not trouble yourself about your imperfections, and always have the courage to lift yourself out of them. I am well content that you begin again every day: there is no better way to perfect the spiritual life than always to begin again and never to think you have done enough. "

Saint Francis de Sales

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and that's the truth! Suzanne

ukok said...

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the 'I'm so bad' mentality of culpability. But a new day is a new beginning indeed and I for one need to remember that more often....daily in fact ;-)

Rosemary said...

Me too, ukok.