Monday, October 02, 2006

Prayer for Robert, an abortionist

Please pray for a man named Robert who performs abortions. He used to run an abortion clinic right around the corner from my house. For years many people prayed it would close, both onsite and off. Finally, with permission, the exposed Blessed Sacrament was brought in front of the clinic for a prayer service. Robert actually invited some of the people praying to come in and pray with him!!

His clinic closed recently but he opened another in an adjacent town where numerous prayer vigils and protests have taken place. A friend of mine has been talking to him. She told him that Jesus has mercy and forgiveness even for him and he started to cry. At the end of their prayer he made the sign of the cross. When my friend asked him if he had been raised Catholic he acknowledged that he had.

Please pray for this man who, in spite of the horrific acts he is committing, is nevertheless a precious son of God. Oh Lord, please soften this man's heart. We thank you for how you seem to be working in his situation. Please close his clinic, Lord, and please bring him back into union with your Church. May all of heaven's angels and saints pray for the Lord's grace and mercy to fall upon this man. Shall I ask for more? Lord, please bring him into the pro-life movement.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Rosemary...of course I'll pray...this is an amazing story. Please keep us up on this or let me know...wow! Suzanne from SincerelyMyThoughts

Salome Ellen said...

Amen! Praying.

EC Gefroh said...

Praying! Great story.

Anonymous said...

Amazing story. Yes, of course, I'll pray.

ukok said...

How very sad, and yet there is hope. His heart is not as hard as it may formerly have been. Please God!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder to pray for our enemies. Each person is someone that Jesus died to save, and he is still interested in his salvation. We need to keep asking for God's mind on these things.

Rosemary said...

Thank you all for praying. I will keep you posted as I get more information. My friend said it was all right to ask for prayers in my blog. Ukok, yes, I believe his heart is softening. Jesus is softly calling him. May his heart respond!! Yes, Patti, let's keep asking for God's mind...

Anonymous said...

Rosemary - wow! The exposed Blessed Sacrament in front of the clinic - that is amazing!

I will pray for this poor wretched man.

Amber said...

I will pray.