Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm substitute teaching in a fourth grade classroom at this very moment. The kids are all at art and I'm blogging on the classroom computer. It's much, much faster than mine. I love it. They've been pretty good today. Funny how the more experienced I get as a substitute the better behaved the kids seem to be. (smile). I've learned what I call the don't-mess-with-me demeanor. Serious face, stand tall (even though I'm quite short, only a little taller than they are), etc. I actually enjoy it.

Anyway, I'm going on reatreat this weekend. The retreat master is Thomas Dubay, author of "Deep Conversion, Deep Prayer" which I've written about a few times. I've been reading the book as a preparation for the retreat. I should be relaxed and really looking forward to it, but there's so much to do before I leave that I'm still focused on all those tasks. I'm not even packed and I won't be home until almost five.

Oh well. I'm sure it will be wonderful and I plan to get plenty of sleep!! I won't be posting again probably until Sunday or Monday. (Unless I get to the library during my son's piano lesson-- could happen. There's a library nearby.) If I do get back on a computer I'll probably try to catch up on reading all of your blogs which I'm still a little behind on.

Enjoy your weekend, all!!

4 comments:

ukok said...

Enjoy the retreat, return to us refreshed!

God Bless

Amber said...

Have a great and relaxing time!

EC Gefroh said...

Have a good retreat time!
BTW, I used to sub too. They never listened to me. You must be a good teacher :-)

Rosemary said...

Thank you all. I had a wonderful, thought-provoking retreat which I will probably be writing more about in the next days and weeks.