Thursday, March 26, 2009

God is good! Look at this guy!

I asked him.  I really did.  I know he's on drugs so I asked him several times, reminding him he's on drugs.  I said you know I'm going to put it on my  blog, right?  He said, "Yeah.  It's OK."

I think he looks awfully good for a guy that less than 24 hours before had his esophagus removed!!!


He really appreciates everybody's prayers!!!!

At this point, I don't think things could be going any better.  He walked from his bed to the door yesterday and sat on a chair for an hour.

God's grace is clearly upon him.  I can't say enough good things about the University of Michigan Medical Center.  They have been so good to him, so kind.  Doctor Chang, the surgeon, has been wonderful.  And the pain control is completely awesome.  There is an entire pain control team working on keeping him comfortable.  He actually described his pain as "some discomfort."  I think that is amazing.  You can tell from the picture that it's true.  And he's not totally out of it either.  He's completely coherent and enjoying company.

God is good, always good.  Thank you for all the prayers and support!!

6 comments:

Kalona said...

Rosemary, I'm sending up thank you prayers right now!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, praise Him ye creatures here below, praise Him above ye heavenly host. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen

Lyndsie Miles said...

Wow, he does look good for having such a major surgery. What a great guy!
Prayers will continue.

Mimi said...

Wow! He looks fantastic! Continued prayers.

ukok said...

Wonderful news - prayers will continue this side of the big pond!

Rosemary said...

Amen! Praise God! Thank you all for your support and prayers!

Suzanne said...

Since Rich is checking out your blog sometimes, I'd like to pass on a "Keep healing, Rich! You have inspired all of us here to keep hoping..and may God bless you and your sweet sister, whom we love too, here on the blog!" Peace of Christ