Wednesday, May 09, 2007

School May Crowning

Here is the May Crowning we had at school. The second graders wore their First Communion outfits. It was a lovely day. Aren't they adorable. They looked like a classroom full of angels.


Of course , they ARE a classroom full of angels. It is just a wonderfully sweet, charming group of seven-year olds. I just love them.
These pictures are again courtesy of Mary O. I couldn't print these side pictures any bigger. Don't know why. But you get the idea of what the day was like. Thank you, Mary O.!
OK.... For you Protestants, we don't worship Mary. What you see is affection and respect, not adoration. We love Mary because she is the mother of our Lord, but we don't worship her. We honor her ,but we do not adore her. In fact, we are specifically forbidden to adore her. Adoration is reserved for God alone. Those who claim that Catholics worship Mary are sadly making a false claim. It is important to know the truth.


6 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Beautiful!!!

ukok said...

How delightful! I wish we did beautiful things like this in our parish, but we know longer have a school in our parish and so it isn't possible. The young children do some to the front of church to 'crown' Mary, but it's nothing like this.

Beautiful!

Suzanne said...

This is so pretty! We had more red flowers this year...we usually don't and it was nice for a change. I am glad you helped to explain the love for Mary. I think alot of people in the other churches are coming to understand this a bit better. They are also showing more interest in the rosary...which I want to say today because I have been praying only the Divine Mercy lately and leaving off my rosary. That is never good.
I am hopefully going to start putting my Mary garden together today...she needs to be uplifted...as it is a rather small statue I have out there...my St. Francis is much taller...he almost looks like a giant...I think I'll move him over a bit.

Rosemary said...

Angie, thank you.

Deb, thank you. This is not actually a parish school either. It's an "independent" Catholic school. It was really beautiful. It was grandparents' day too so a lot of grandparents were there to see their darling grandchildren crown Our Lady.

Suzanne, I'd love to hear more about your Mary garden...

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures & flowers..we have our May Procession this Sunday..a special day being the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima & my son's Birthday!


God bless

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! I'm glad you had a lovely day for it.