Friday, March 27, 2009

I have some GOOD News (and more coming!)

With all the horror of Obama speaking at Notre Dame (AND GETTING AN HONORARY DEGREE!!) and my brother's esophagectomy, I have postponed telling you some REALLY EXCITING news!!!

Many of you prayed for my son John's audition two years ago for admission to the U of M music school.  And many of you shared my sorrow for him when he was turned down.  And many of you prayed for his admission as a transfer student a month or so ago.

Guess what?????

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

University of Michigan has accepted John as a piano performance major!!!!!



This was the folder all his materials arrived in.  He was thrilled.  We're all thrilled.  This is really the only school I think John has ever wanted to go to since he was a little boy.

My father was a graduate of Michigan and it was his dream that one of his grandchildren would graduate from Michigan, just as I did and my grandfather as well.

And it's an exceptional music school.

God is good.  How delightful for a mom to see her son's dream come true!!!!  Thank you for your prayers!!!!

16 comments:

Alexis said...

Yea John! Talk about a dream come true - With all the UM stuff James and John have bought for each other - gosh, he HAS to go! YEA!

ukok said...

Oh what wonderful news! I am so very pleased for your son. God is good!

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Rosemary: I am so happy things are going well with you in your family. (I'm an MSU alum, but I offer my hearty congratulations anyway! Hee hee!)

Rosemary said...

Nancy, I am an MSU alum too! I went to graduate school at U of M!! (And my loyalties have always leaned a little more to MSU. That could change now though with John there and with the amazing job U of M has done with my brother:-)
Alexis, I know!!! How could he NOT go? (But he did have to get in :-)
Deb, Thank you! Yes, God is good!

Ruthann Logsdon Zaroff said...

YIPPEE!!!! John deserves this fantastic honor! Maybe Teddy'll see him around campus! If he is interested, Ted's Christian fraternity (Phi Alpha Kappa) might have room. It's on Ann Street near Glen, but maybe it's not close enough to the music school.

Mimi said...

Congratulations! Whohooooo!

Salome Ellen said...

(Fist pumping in air...) WOOT!

Suzanne said...

God's blessings on all he does there, but I really didn't doubt this would happen!

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Congratulations! These are going to be some fun and exciting years for all of you! I am so happy for your family!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Congratulations! I wish him well as he prepares for college. How exciting!

Denise said...

Congratulations!!! As talented as John is on the piano, you should be at least equally as proud that he did not give up on his dream when he did not get in on the first try. All in God's time. Prayers for you and your family continuing. --Denise

Lyndsie Miles said...

That is wonderful news! I look forward to hearing much more beautiful music from him!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much.

Sarah - Kala said...

I'm a little late in saying this, but Congrats on the brilliant news! I pray he always keeps in mind just what a blessing this is. Some times delayed gratification is a good thing. I think your son will do well and I pray he always does.

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Sarah.

bcousino said...

Congratulations to John! That is a great accomplishment.