Friday, November 07, 2008

Weariness....

I'm so weary.  Last night I was up until 1:30.

I think I am still feeling the emotional weariness of the blow from Tuesday's election.

Obama's appointments thus far are only increasing my concerns for our country, even above and beyond the fate of the unborn for which this election was an unmitigated disaster.

The arguments that there are other "life issues" to consider, that the economy is more important than the sanctity of human life (like anyone could actually think that Obama will improve the economy-- look what the market has done since the election), that abortions will continue anyway, are just emotionally exhausting to read and hear.  But...

The battle belongs to the Lord.  Though he slay me, yet will I praise him!!!!

I am praying for the conversion and protection of President-elect Obama and his family.  May the Holy spirit speak to him and may he respond.  And may St. Michael protect him.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Prayers for the struggling child, Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy.

Suzanne said...

Rosemary,
I hope that Shane comes back from his "Consumed" retreat wanting to struggle a little more on his homework. It is the one area where he is just not responding very well.
He wanted to go back to school..like you, I sent him back, but he doesn't study well for quizzes and tests and for some reason skips over some of the simplest things. His grades could be at least B's..I feel sure, but he won't apply himself and keeps taking chances. He was doing better and now has some D's and C-'s and still wants to play basketball! That won't work, but what is he waiting for? Right now, the Christian school, I believe is best for a boy like him, until and if he can get stronger in his faith. The world is so confusing out there and he is already being approached by girls of the silly kind and he can be so like that. Still, he knows what can happen if you get too involved too young, but he is also a bit spoiled in some regards. So, he is gone on retreat and I pray that something stirs inside his heart that has not yet...the Holy Spirit, the Blessed Mother..moves him in a way that even he can't explain and come back here to try more, to make a better start. It has me concerned.
I know that you have this "struggle," but the way your family is, I have a feeling, that it isn't because someone just doesn't WANT to..there lies the difference, I'll bet, so she or he will do fine, but I know you must hurt for them and I am sorry. It will work, though.

I thought about you like so many others about the election. Yes, we must try to understand the Blessed Mother, Mother Teresa, and many others who have continued onward with a good heart. We can understand them better now and God is still in control as all have pointed out.

This morning, I feel okay..last night I was full of anxiety again.
I need to ask you another question. I'll email you again before long, but I need to go now to make some "blankies" for our grandsons.
The peace of Our Lord be with you,
as we continue to pray and work.
Amen

Kellan said...

Hope you are catching up on your sleep and getting back to yourself. I hope you have a good week. Kellan