Saturday, November 29, 2008

Prayers for the Faithful Departed

Owen has started a site called A Month for the Souls in Purgatory 2008. He and his family will be praying for all the souls in purgatory who are listed in the comment section of his post. Here are Owen's instructions.

"WELCOME! Add your loved one...

Beginning November 25th my family and I are praying through the Month for the Souls in Purgatory from November 25th to December 25th 2008.  This is my third year practicing this devotion while three of my family members joined me during 2007 and again this year.

We would be most pleased and grateful to add any of your deceased Christian loved ones to our list of souls being prayed for.  Our family is offering Masses during these thirty days leading up to Christmas Day, known as the day when our Holy Mother, through her faithful prayers, sees many souls released from Purgatory to enter the gates of heaven.."

I've added my loved ones for whom I would like prayer. Perhaps you will want to do the same. Lord have mercy on all our faithful departed....

1 comment:

wall mirror said...

This is a great prayer. We always love to pray our faithful departed ones.