Thursday, November 20, 2008


Man, today was a busy day.

Took the girls to school.  Then rushed to get ready to go to Mass at Jim's high school where the juniors' rings would be blessed.

Then left to go directly to the inauguration of the new president of Eastern Michigan University during which my son played a Chopin etude as a "Celebration of Student Excellence."  He did an awesome job and we were so proud of him.  Hope to link to some videos of it soon.  I tried to take my own video but halfway through his introduction by the new president my memory card filled up!  Oh well.  There were a lot of other video cameras going.

Then we went to a luncheon reception.

Then home to prepare dinner for John's piano professor who came over tonight.

It was one busy, full day.  I plan to sleep well and write more tomorrow.

Night all.

6 comments:

Kellan said...

I can see why you would be proud! You have great kids that are so accomplished - I'm proud of you for raising such wonderful young people - REALLY!!

Take care - Kellan

Mimi said...

My goodness, that is a busy day! Prayers for all!

Lyndsie Miles said...

That's a crazy busy day! But how fun! Get some good sleep tonight!

Suzanne said...

Great photo..did ya ever think when you was holding and feeding that baby boy, that you'd be posting up photos like this for us all to see?
Beautiful! Must be so exciting! :)

Anonymous said...

I know I've said it before, but your son is so much like my godson, John. -- John plays the piano and the bassoon. He's in the process of applying to schools now, as he's in his Junior year I think.

He just had one of his compositions published recently too. His name is John Henderson - so, keep a look out for his score at a music shop! Maybe YOUR John will play it!

God bless,
Alexa

Rosemary said...

Thank you, all. Kellan, I am proud.
Thanks for the prayers, Mimi.
Lynz, thanks. I did have fun.
Suzanne, the university took the photo. You know I did suspect ability in music when he was so little I was holding him and feeding him. I'll have to post about that.
Alexa, I will look for his name :-)