Thursday, November 06, 2008

Catholic Scripture Study

I'm still numb over the election.

But I had an encouraging experience today. I went to my weekly women's Bible Study . It is part of an international organization called Catholic Scripture Study. Women from all around come to this study. There are a number of Catholic parishes represented and many of them I know nothing about. Since, shamefully, the majority of Catholics voted for Obama I expected there would be a variety of opinions about the election.

There were not. It appeared the EVERYONE was devastated by the election. They all talked openly about it as though it went without saying that we would all have voted pro-life. It was so refreshing. No rationalizations about there being lots of issues to consider. (THERE IS NO ISSUE THAT TRUMPS THE TAKING OF HUMAN LIFE. IT IS UNEQUIVOCALLY AND GRAVELY IMMORAL. THE PRO-LIFE ISSUE IS THE FOUNDATIONAL ISSUE.) In this group of women this fundamental issue was understood to be a given.

I felt the unity of faithful Catholics. It was quite consoling. I think we helped to fill each other with hope. Ironically, (providentially) the speaker for today had previously been scheduled to speak about hope. It was so appropriate and so clearly God's plan for us to hear that talk today.

Our God reigns!!!!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

YES! JESUS REIGNS! AMEN!

Sarah - Kala said...

It was His way of saying, "Rosemary, I'm here - I always will be. Here are some others like you . . . "

Be blessed,
Sarah

Lyndsie Miles said...

As disapointed as I am about the election. I know that Jesus will be over all, and that is comforting. I'm glad you've found comfort as well. I haven't even written about the election. I just don't know what to say in so many ways.