Thursday, May 17, 2007

Graduation from Notre Dame!!


My oldest son is graduating from Notre Dame this weekend and we are about to leave. I probably won't be posting again until next week since I don't have a laptop.


I am still kind of in shock that I have a son who is a college graduate. That he is graduating from his dream school is all the more incredible.


As many of you know I LOVE Notre Dame. No one else in my family has graduated from there. Before my son was accepted I had never been there. My opinion of this school is all from direct personal experience. There is a grace on Notre Dame. EVERYONE is kind and helpful and gracious and humble. I've never seen a university like it. I consider it a great blessing that my son has been able to earn his degree there. Thanks be to God!!

14 comments:

ukok said...

Congratulations to your son on his forthcoming graduation!

Have a fabulous weekend :-)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

CONGRATULATIONS to him and to you!! It is a wonderful school and I wish him many blessings on his graduation.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations, sweetie and welcome back to Indiana for this!
Suz

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Congratulations!!! What a special blessing for all of you!

Salome Ellen said...

A Domer in the family! How great!

Anonymous said...

Hi ND Mom!

'See you there! I'll be looking for the proudest Mom of the most beautiful son!

"Love Thee Notre Dame",
Mary

Mimi said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting!

Jean Heimann said...

Congratulations to your son! I am happy for him and for you.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!

God bless

Kitchen Madonna said...

It takes a good Catholic family to rear a good Notre Dame graduate. Felicitations of every sort to you and yours! Aw shucks, yippee!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much!!! We had a wonderful time!!

Anonymous said...

I was rather surprised to read that as a "devout" catholic you would be proud of ND...which we all know is only catholic in name and not much else..sorry to burst your bubble!

Rosemary said...

Karin, I beg to differ. Yes, there is "stuff" at Notre Dame, but there is a whole lot of goodness too. Have you been there, studied there, or had a child attend? Most people who feel as you do have very limited information and are willing to badmouth Our Lady's school simply because there is a renegade professor here and there. Father McBrian who the media is always quoting and who is always identified as being from Notre Dame does NOT represent the university. In fact, I've been told that he cannot say Mass on campus. Have you seen the devotion of the students at the grotto? Been in the basilica? Have you felt the humility and kindness of everyone on the staff from the president down to the cafeteria workers? Because it is not perfect (no group of human beings is) is no reason to claim it is not Catholic.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear about the good that is happening at Notre Dame. The bad seems to come for most part from Fr. Mc Brian. What is he doing there and why is's something done about him. But- I am so happy to hear about the good news I do beleive you. Thanks.