Wednesday, May 23, 2007

8 Things About Me Meme

Deb from UKOK's Place has tagged me for the "8 Things About Me Meme."


Here are the rules:


“Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.”


1. I bite my nails (as in fingernails). I tend to be an anxious person and have suffered from anxiety disorders in the past. I received excellent treatment from the University of Michigan Anxiety Disorders Clinic and I highly recommend them. Since their treatment it has ceased to be an issue in my life. (Although I still bite my nails.)

2. I lived in Japan for a year with a Japanese family. It was a wonderfully enriching experience.

3. I'm only five feet tall.

4. I am a terrible housekeeper and I am not good at getting rid of things. (I realize the two are connected....I'm working on it.)

5. I was born in Orange, New Jersey, lived in Fort Wayne, IN for 8 years growing up, and then moved to Michigan. As a child I was terrified of tornadoes, having had several close calls.

6. I am not good at any sport. I never played anything well growing up, always preferring to read.

7. I belong to a Catholic charismatic parish and have been involved with the charismatic renewal since 1987, I believe.

8. I was once in my youthful foolishness a very liberal democrat!!

OK. I tag:

Esther at A Catholic Mom in Hawaii.

James at A Catholic Teen's Thoughts.

Kate at Heart Speaks to Heart

Michelle at Rosetta Stone

The Kitchen Madonna

Angie at Many Little Blessings

Florida Wife at Waiting for the Gift of Children

And Amy Caroline at Knit Together in Love

9 comments:

ukok said...

It's so encouraging to me that you are a 'terrible housekeeper' too!

Thanks for taking up the meme, Rosemary :-)

Anonymous said...

ahhh, a charismatic catholic, thanks that explains it all!

Rosemary said...

anon, what is that supposed to mean?

Anonymous said...

I think we are twins separated at birth! Numbers 1-3 very nearly apply to me (I only recently stopped biting my nails, I lived and worked in Japan for 7 months, and I'm 5'2"). I could have written numbers 4, 6, and 8 exactly!

And don't worry about anonymous posts, whatever that one meant.

Suzanne said...

I posted a comment to you in support of you about that anon thing...it didn't pop up for some reason, but I'll have to jot down more later...I have a meeting I must go to now.
God bless and oh so many other things
we match up on too, btw!

Rosemary said...

Deb, Ruthann, and Suzanne, you're my good friends. Ruthann, we'll have to talk about our Japn experiences...

FloridaWife said...

Thanks for tagging me! I put up my eight, although it's late now and I'll have to go back and add my eight tagees tomorrow.

Michelle said...

Rosemary, thanks for telling me yout agged me. Wed was a really bad day...I was wondering how I missed this. I will do it later!

Suzanne said...

Well, what I was going to say, is being a Charismatic Catholic can mean several things and one being that you don't have to be exactly like any other "charismatic" Catholic. Some think people go over the deep end and forget Tradition and everything else...I have been to a Charismatic convention and a few Charismatic Masses and I love to sing praise songs at times as much as I love many of the Catholic hymns we've always known. The Church is so rich! Sometimes I feel the urge to raise my hands in praise and close my eyes and truly relax and relish my Lord in the Holy Spirit, however, I do not speak in tongues that I know of and that is fine with me. I believe we can lay hands on folks and pray for specific needs, yet I know that in my heart, it is only if God truly desires to heal someone, etc. through anyone laying on hands, it is ultimately still HIS Will. I've been in a Bible study group that I met years ago and several of those "older" ladies had been what they called baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Since I had been Confirmed as an 8 year old, I really knew little about the H.S. part of the Trinity
and I at the very least grew closer to God through their love of the H.S. and I love those women so much...their is nothing at all weird about them...they are everyday Catholic ladies who don't go "overboard" with anything. Surely, we could all go overboard with any aspect of our Faith and we must be watchful of ourselves, but for anyone to judge all who say they are Charismatic, well, they may very well just not understand the individuals who feel this way in their Faith. Also, in my Cursillo, since I don't get to be with these women in Bible study much...they are moving out of state, or getting much older, I learned more about the H.S. and some aspects of Cursillo is very
involved with the Holy Spirit in the music, the closeness of the women on the team and the candidates who are working toward being a Cursillista. So, that is my support for you and I hope and pray Anon..tries to calm down and realizes that perhaps they don't have all of the information enough to judge everyone who loves being
Charismatic to some degree or the other. That is my feelings about it for what it is worth. We all just need to keep remembering that ultimately God is the judge. Thanks for letting me vent here! :)

Otherwise, I stand only 5ft. 1in.
MAYBE! My good priest friend, Father Don, was born and raised around the Fort Wayne area too.
I bite my nails sometimes, but getting better. My house is wishy washy clean at times and was and am lousy at any sport...I only dance! :)