Tuesday, September 17, 2019

The End of Summer...

We know the end of summer is nearly here in Michigan, but the lovely warm temperatures of late could fool us. We know the calendar does not lie. We know that the truly glorious Autumn in Michigan is just around the corner. But we are being blessed right now with temps that still feel like summer.


My husband and I took our dog Nala for a walk in a nearby nature area/ park. Look at this lovely pond.

And these wildflowers....so delightful.


I'm convinced that spending time out in nature refreshes the soul. Could it be because the glory of God is all over it?


These flowers are from my own garden. Delphinium above. The flowers have such a stunningly beautiful purple and blue hue. They bloomed in the Spring. And they're back for an encore. I could give a standing ovation. :-)

Below is pink stonecrop. It's a kind of sedum. (Sedum cauticola "Lidakense) I bought it for it's beautiful blue-grey foliage. (Can you tell I like blue?)


I had no idea it would also produce these lovely pink flowers in late summer and autumn.
 

 And then the alyssum. I plant alyssum every year. The little flowers are so delicate and beautiful...and they bloom all summer.

The white alyssum has the added benefit of a very lovely fragrance. I have to have white alyssum along my front walk so I can breathe that sweet fragrance every day.

What flowers are you enjoying these days?



They're not going to last long. We could have a frost very soon. That just makes every day a gift, right?

Blessed be God.

No comments: