Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summertime....and the livin' is easy...

Yes.  I used to sing this song to my children as they were going to bed.

Well, I sang it to all of them except for John who asked me not to sing.  LOL  It was a few years later that we discovered he had perfect pitch.  :-)

It's nice to be catching up on some sleep.  Nice to have not so much on the schedule....

My gardens are all planted and doing well.  I had to get them in early for Mary's graduation party.

My husband says we should always schedule grad. parties early.  I think I agree, although those few weeks before the party were not easy.

I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee.  Then I'll have a relaxed prayer time.  I love it.

And it doesn't hurt that the weather is pleasantly warm.  And even the cold summer days are pleasantly warm compared to our winters.  I can walk the dog without a coat.  Yes it's very pleasant.

One great benefit of living in Michigan is that the summers are not long enough for us to take them for granted.  We love our great Spring, Fall, and Summer weather.  And I have to say there are even things to like about our winters.  They can very beautiful.

God is good.  All the time.

No comments: