Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Concert at Kerrytown Concert House


For those of you who may be reading my blog locally I must tell you that tomorrow night (Wednesday, June 20) my son John will be having his senior recital at Kerrytown
Concert House at 8:00pm. He will play for about an hour, Sonata 23 "Appassionata" by Beethoven, Ballade Opus 23 in G minor by Chopin, and Sonata in B Minor by Liszt.

We're planning refreshments for afterwards and I've been running all over, shopping for it, baking, planning, etc. You know, being Martha. But, let's not forget that Martha was also a saint. When I am planning something that involves entertaining or hospitality, I always ask for Saint Martha's intercession. I'm sure she knew how to put on a party. Don't you think? God bless her and may she pray for me.

Anyone who would like to come is cordially invited.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rose! I think Teddy and I can make it -- I'll run it by him when he gets up at the crack of noon. (LOL! Teenage summer hours, you know!)

'thann

Suzanne said...

Oh, how great this will be! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful...God bless

Christine said...

I hope it was wonderful! Tell Ruthann that she needs to post more...I strted reading her entries, and she hasn't blogged in a week or so...

Christine

Mike Bogdan said...

Hear that Ruthann? Ditto from me. You write nice posts..
Ruthann, thanks for coming. It was great seeing you. I will post more about the recital tomorrow..Thanks to everyone for their well wishes...

Jean Heimann said...

It sounds wonderful! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Aaack! I'm embarrassed that I've not posted! I'll definitely put SOMEthing up today (I've got biggish stuff happening, but I have to wait a bit before I post about that...).

ANYWAY, I came here to say what a truly fabulous recital John gave. The concert house was literally packed with friends and family, and John's glorious music filled the place. I had goosebumps. I've heard John play many times over the past six or seven years, but never like this. He has a gift from God.

Folks, Rose brags about her children as most mothers do, but let me tell you -- John is an exceptional talent. Think of Van Cliburn. He has such mastery and power when he plays, yet caresss those keys with such tenderness.

I for one feel blessed to know him.

'thann

Mike Bogdan said...

For some reason, my comments on this and other blogs are being listed as "Michael." I don't know why. We'll see what this one says....

Mike Bogdan said...

Sorry, I didn't sign it. This is ROSEMARY, not MICHAEL. I'm looking into it. Any ideas?

Rosemary said...

Test comment

Rosemary said...

Ruthann, you are so sweet.