Friday, February 13, 2009

Not feeling very well...


I'm not feeling too well.  My stomach is just not right.  Maybe I have a touch of something.  I've been taking it easy all day.  Haven't had anything to eat.  Just broth and coke to drink.  

I think I need to treat myself a little gentler.  

For example, while the above photo may not exactly look like the counter in a spa, it is my own little home version of relaxing indulgence.  I have my little bottle of lavender bath, my insulated glass of ice water, a scented candle, and reading material.  Add a tub of hot water and I have, right in my own home, the means to unwind and take some peaceful minutes for myself.  

I don't have a jacuzzi.  I don't need a jacuzzi.  A tub that is a little deeper would be nice.  But I'm happy with what I have and a hot lavender bath for twenty minutes while reading things that interest me is sometimes just what I need.

I have learned the hard way in my life that it just doesn't pay to never fill the pitcher from which is poured all that I do for my family and others.  It's important.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful weekend and Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

Mimi said...

Amen, you definitely need to keep your pitcher full.

I hope you feel better. Know you have my hugs and prayers,

Sarah - Kala said...

Hope you do relax and enjoy it, too. Happy Valentine's Day to you, too. God bless!

Dearie Pearls said...

Get Well Soon..
happy valentine's Day..

Peace From Malaysia..

Melissa-Mc said...

'Tis the season. All my kids are sick and so is my husband. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Suzanne said...

Oh, how I love what you said..fill the pitcher, Rosemary, and fill it well. :) Peaceful tummy soon, okay?
Mine was trying things yesterday too, but it finally passed.
Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Lyndsie Miles said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Rosemary! I hope you feel full of love today! Get better soon!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Feel better soon! Thanks for this lovely post.

Colleen said...

And isn't it lovely to know that we can recharge our batteries, right in the comfort of our own homes?

I've long been a proponent of "getting away from it all" at home. Sometimes it takes creativity, but it can be done!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all for your well wishes. I feel a lot better. Cath. Wife, yeah, sometimes that's the only way it can be done.