Friday, February 06, 2009

My favorite niece....



This is my very favorite niece.  (OK, she's my only niece, but she's my very favorite nevertheless!)

She has the most beautiful red hair in the world, whether it's  in its naturally curly state or straightened as it is here.

Last night I had the pleasure of watching her play basketball.  She was awesome.  She's a fast, intelligent, energetic player.  Loved watching her.

We surprised her by showing up at her game.  When I walked into the gym she said she thought to herself, "Wow, that really looks like my aunt....."  and then..."Wait a minute...."

We don't live in the same town so it's not often that we can get to games like this.

hubby and my brother

AND, we were able to go out to eat together afterwards.  It was great fun.


Cousins together....you gotta love it.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, so sweet! I have so many nieces and nephews. Many are very close to my heart, esp. the ones that I am a godmother to or sponsored in Confirmation. I pray for them all, though, and try to keep in communication. She will love you for this ...forever! ;)

Sarah - Kala said...

Cute together! I miss my cousins - all in WA state. I kinda hope we can stop in Seattle on our way to HI . . . t'would be nice to SEE everyone again - and some high school friends, too.

Lyndsie Miles said...

I love family. It's so fun to surprise them. I love when I get to pick my nieces up from school. They're always so excited.
And a cousin bond is wonderful!

zuveena said...

she is cute....good luck to your granddaughter in her studies