Thursday, July 24, 2008

We bought a Wii!!!


Last night my husband and I went out to dinner for our anniversary.  I suggested we buy something for ourselves as an anniversary present.  We're both kind of fascinated with the Wii and we knew the kids would love it.  We also thought it could be a fun family activity.  So...

We went to Circuit City and asked if they had them-- only to find out that they get a shipment every other week or so, and they sell out in the first hour with people waiting in line before the store even opens.  Hmmmm.  Then I remembered when the last Harry Potter book came out and hundreds of people were waiting in line at the bookstores, my son walked right in to a Krogers, found a small rack of them, and bought it without even waiting in line!

So we went to Target and guess what?  They had five of them!!!!

So we bought it!!

I called my 13 year old daughter, all the while relishing the delight I knew was coming.

"So...(she was home alone)  Everything OK?"

"Dad and I decided to buy something for ourselves for our anniversary.

Mary:  "What did you buy?"

Me:  "Well....(short dramatic pause)  We bought a Wii."

Mary:  "Are you serious?!?!"  Then she screams.  

I told the same story to Jim and Liz whom I was picking up from a drama practice.

Jim:  "So what did you buy?"

Me:  "We bought  Wii."

Jim:  "Are you serious?!?!" he yells.
                         (apparently the expletive of the day.  Teehee)

Me:  "Yeah.  We did."

He jumped right out of the car and ran back in the school to tell his friend Tom who said he'd be over the next night to play it. (Even though Jim would not be home.)  LOL

So our anniversary present has made a big hit!!!!  Hopefully, my husband and I will get a chance to play it.  LOL

12 comments:

Stevie Moon said...

Wow - my husband and I have really been debating getting one. We just don't have the money right now. But if we do...we want one. I want Wii Fit!

Rosemary said...

Stevie, I wanted the Wii fit in particular too but they didn't have it. As soon as we find it we're going to get it. I guess it's like a "game" for the Wii.

Sarah - Kala said...

I got ours last September for Christmas and had to wait and wait for Christmas. It was worth the wait! It's a lot of fun! Enjoy!!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

We got ours in May of 2007, and we still love it! It's a hoot! Hope you guys get a lot of great use of it!

Kellan said...

How fun! We don't have a Wii yet - but, it is only a matter of time. Have fun - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose!
Santa brought one this past Christmas and ~boy~it made winter more bearable!

Most recently, our friends from Switzerland are here with their three boys. Based on what we've seen here at our home, the UN should invest in a Wii or two. Despite the language barrier~they speak French, mostly~ you should see them all in there having a blast.

Happy Anniversary!!

Suzanne said...

Let me know if you get to play! Ha!:) We don't have one, but maybe for Christmas. I have a bday coming up and an anniversary. Hmmm... :)

Kitchen Madonna said...

Ab-fab! I know they are serious fun!

Rosemary said...

Sounds like a lot of people are enjoying the Wii or are planning to. Mary, thanks. Hope things are continuing to go well with your guests.
Suzanne, we got to play last night and my shoulder is actually sore today from the golf, I think.

catholicandgop said...

My sister has one, she really enjoys it. I like playing bowling on it.

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Don't you just love the excitement it brought your kids? I can still remember how it was at our house; I laugh just thinking of the sheer shock! Fun!

Rosemary said...

Nancy, I really DID love the excitement-- and their disbelief. It was so fun.