Friday, July 25, 2008

She's licensed!!!


My daughter has passed her N-Klex exam, the nursing licensing exam!!!!

As she put it, this was the most important exam of her life!

It's the exam that officially makes her an R.N.

And she did it!!!!!

Oh my word!  We were all praying so hard for her because she was quite nervous about it.

And the exam sounds really mind-boggling.  It's done on computers.  When the computer has enough information to determine if you're going to pass or fail the screen goes off and you're finished.  But you don't know if it's because you have done so well or so poorly!!!  I said, "What's with the mind games?  If the computer knows why can't it just tell you?"  Must be something they have to double check or something.  I believe she did say that some of the grading is actually done by hand because the exam is so important.

The screen went blank after she had completed 112 questions out of 265.  You should have heard her agonizingly analyzing if she could have actually failed at that point.  For $10.00 you can get your results in 48 hours.

I said, "I'll pay the ten dollars!!!!!"

And she passed!!  Glory to God.  We're all so thrilled and proud of her!!!!  (Thanks for letting me brag.)

7 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

Congratulations to your daughter! Well done!! Glory to God!

Suzanne said...

Well, Rosemary...if she was going to do something evil with a degree..I wouldn't let you "brag," and get away with it! Ha! THIS IS SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE!!! YEAH! ;)

Kellan said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful!

She is a beautiful girl - beautiful!

Take care and have a good weekend - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your daughter!
Such wonderful news to start off the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Anne! I would almost want to be sick to be in her care.

Love,
Mary

Rosemary said...

Mary, that is so funny.
Thank you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your dear daughter! I was thinking about you and your daughter today as i sat in the hairdressers here in England...because i got talking to the lady sitting next to me who is about your age and she was telling me how her daughter had also passed her exams and is now working in cancer care and i was thinking what a wonderfully giving profession,nay, vocation, nursing is and it was then i thought of you and your daughter because the lady sitting next to me was saying how proud she was of her daughter and how much her daughter wanted to help to care for people who were sick.

:-)