Friday, July 25, 2008

An honest and good mechanic-- what a blessing!!

The other day my husband took his car in to our favorite local mechanic. His business is called Select Auto and it's on Platt Rd., for those of you who live around here.

My husband's car needed brake work done. Walt told him, after inspecting the brakes, that the front ones really needed to be replaced. The back ones were worn but could maybe wait a while. Mike said, "What would you do, Walt?" You know what he said? He said, "I'd probably just do the front."

Now this honest admission is from a man who stood to profit from having the back brakes done too. We had no idea what their actual condition was.

What a blessing to have a mechanic who just honestly and openly tells the truth. He's also reasonable and does good work. We recommend him. May God bless him and his business.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way! We go to Select Auto, too and have great affection for Walt!

Years ago my car slid on some ice, hit a curb and sustained damage to the front and underside. I went to the local car dealership~the very same one from which we purchased our car and they quoted a price in the $500 range to fix everything. I called our insurance agent,told him where I was and what was going on and he said, " GET your car out of there now. Total ripoff!" He sent me to Walt who charged only $300 for the same thing~and provided WAY better service.

That reminds me, I need to take our car in before we move!

Rosemary said...

Mary, that is so funny. And we've never even talked about mechanics. He is a good guy. Hope things are going well for you with the house, etc. We must talk.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at how many people I know go to Walt. We feel so blessed to have him as our mechanic, too! Pat