Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chautauqua!!!

I made it.  Mary and I drove to Chautauqua today.  It was a five hour drive and I was pretty wiped out but I'm so glad to be here.  This is  where we met John.  He was in one of these "practice shacks."  They're these little cottage like structures and each one has a Steinway grand piano in it.  They're air conditioned and sound proofed.



And here was John, practicing away in one of these "shacks."  He's been practicing about 7 hours a day.  Then he also has several master classes and lectures a week, as well as three individual lessons.  It's so good to see him.  He played us all his competition pieces and they were so fabulous.  I'm really happy he's been able to learn so much.



2 comments:

Kellan said...

Very nice place - very cool about those beautiful pianos in those cute little houses! Have a good time - Kellan

Suzanne said...

I can only imagine...........ah!