Sunday, July 29, 2007

Maternal Bragging Warning (and disclaimer)


On Friday when I did not feel well I said to my three youngest children. How about if you guys make the macaroni and cheese for dinner since I don't feel well. Much groaning and whining. Not in the mood for an argument or lecture I just said quietly, "I always take care of you guys when you're sick." Their response? "Yeah. You take care of us!" OK, I thought. I have no energy for an argument. Maybe I'll talk to them another time about sacrificing for others, etc.

After a few minutes I thought I heard some pans moving in the kitchen. Next, my daughter came upstairs with a few questions about noodle equivalent measurements... They were making the mac and cheese without actually being told to do it. I told them I was so proud of them I wanted to take their picture. They thought that was pretty funny, as you can see in the picture. Anyway, they made it and it was good.

Now for my disclaimer: On my blog, I only talk about the good and the positive in regard to my family. What I write about is very selective. I don't air our dirty laundry here. We have "stuff" just like all families do. We're just a group of imperfect human beings trying to do God's will, sometimes succeeding, sometimes failing. Never perfect......just so you know (smile).

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, I think we would all agree that we all do have our moments...some have alot of moments...we've had ALOT of moments here. Still...your kids seems so neat...keep noticing the positive...that is what we all need to hear anyway, right?! :) Good deal, mom!

EC Gefroh said...

I agree with Suzanne. Sometimes I am tempted to air a little dirty laundry but I remember my mom never speaking ill of our family and I try to follow her example.
Anyway, you have very nice children there Rosemary.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Rosemary, it is blogs like yours and some others that I enjoy that keep me on the positive-writing track as well. Sometimes I might write about something silly someone in my family does, but I try very hard not to call them on the carpet on my blog. I have found that by doing this, I've been able to act nicer toward my family. Positive writing has rubbed off into positive thinking!
And isn't it nice to have Big Kids who can make a family dinner when Mom isn't feeling good?

Mimi said...

We all have "stuff". However, what a neat treat for you! And, I hope you feel better.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

What a blessing that they went ahead and made dinner. Hopefully your happy reaction will help to remind them later how important it was to you.

Jean Heimann said...

Hope you're feeling better, Rosemary - you've been in my prayers. You are truly blessed to have such a supportive family.

Rosemary said...

Thank you so much, Jean. I'm feeling much better. Pretty much a 24 hr. thing.

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

They look like a bunch of hambones! What cuties, they were so sweet to make lunch...for themselves...heeheehee.