Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Mike!!

Twenty-three years ago today I became a mother. Michael was born. What an amazing moment that was. I remember feeling that everything I had ever experienced before seemed trivial in comparison.

It was my intention to go back to work after his birth. I took one look at him and decided it was completely out of the question. There was no way I could leave him. I guess I had just been completely clueless about motherhood. I had no idea what the bond and the love would be like. Suddenly there was another person in the world for whom I would do anything. I have tried to scan a baby picture of Mike to post here but no luck.

Everyone was home for dinner tonight. How delightful it is to look around the table and see the whole family.

So Happy Happy Birthday, Mike!!! We are so proud of the man you have become, all you have done, and all you are setting out to do. May God bless you today and always. I thank Him for the priviledge of being your mom!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday to your Mike and congrats to some wonderful parents for how they've raised him!

Bijoy said...

Hi i just surfed in searching for interesting facts on Essenes in the blogs.
you have a cool blog. Do keep up the good work. I'll be back for more. i live
far from where you live. its nice to be able to see what people from across
the world thinks.

On a related note perhaps you might find the following article interesting.
we are currently doing a series of posts on essenes and their culture and i'll
like to hear your take on the subject via comments. See ya there....

Historical
Facts on Essene Culture


Warm Regards from the Other Side of the Moon.
Bijoy Cletus - Kerala, India

Anonymous said...

Due to the time difference, I only just saw this when I woke up this morning. I want to wish your dear son a belated happy birthday. I'm sure that he is a fine young man, and it's going to be a beautiful thing; for you to watch the years of his life unfold. Many years to him!

....but he'll always be your baby, Rosemary, won't he? I tell my nearly 16 year old daughter, no matter how tall she is or how grown up she looks, to me, she will always be my baby girl :-)

God is GOOD!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Happy Birthday to your son!

Mimi said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to your son, and Many Years!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so very much.

Deb, he WILL always be my baby in my heart...you know.