Sunday, June 24, 2007

Solemnity of The Birth of John the Baptist and the anniversary of the dedication of our church!!!

This is the interior of my church, Christ the King. It was dedicated 6 years ago. Someday, when I'm not so tired, I will tell of it's coming to be.

My son Jim from A Catholic Teen's Thoughts has just gotten back from his retreat at Steubenville where he met Suzanne from Sincerely My Thoughts!!!!!! I'm so happy they found each other!!! Sometime, Suzanne, you and I will meet too, I'm sure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosemary,

I am so envious of your son for meeting our lovely, Suzanne! I look forward to reading more about this wonderful retreat.

We had Scott Sollom over from Steubenville a couple of years ago to give talks to we diocesan catechists. He was awesome. I can only imagine what a powerful speaker Scott Hahn must be. Steubenville is definately on my list of places to visit in America if I ever make it there :-)

Suzanne said...

Hi, Rosemary! I am still on "high"!
The kids were "high" on Jesus and the retreat all the way home...I finally crawled into bed at midnight!
They sang 1/2 the way home and chattered another 1/4 of the way!
This was amazing. I'll write more later and I do so hope we meet. This has been a blessing getting close to the families of people who read my little blog and those I read. Thank you, Lord and thanks be to Him who Is, Was, and Always Will Be (and for a safe trip all the way around!) Amen!
PPSS Your church is lovely!

Suzanne said...

It's up Rosie! :)

Autumn Daisy Studio said...

What a beautiful parish! Our parish is over 100 years old, so it's funny to look at the difference. But, I like how it still has a traditional look. But, then again, I like a church to look like a church.

Rosemary said...

Autumn Daisy, I know what you mean. We are a parish that very much values tradition and it was a challenge to stay in budget and still have a traditional feel. There is nothing like a 100 year old church, but I do love ours too. :-)