Thursday, June 21, 2007

John the Piano Man






John's recital was a lot of fun. I told him he would never have a friendlier audience. Family, friends, relatives, former teachers, etc. everybody thought he was amazing. :-) This is a picture of his warm-up, before anyone arrived.
Our little reception at the concerthouse was nice too, although after driving all the way to Party Central to pick up little music-themed confetti I forgot to put it on the tables. Oh well, probably no one would have noticed anyway. What they wanted was the food. Several of my friends brought delicious dishes and we had a very nice spread.
So... thanks to the intercession of Saint Martha and others, the whole evening seemed a success. (It was not accomplished without sin on my part, however. I had a short time of raving lunacy. While looking over his shoulder grinning, my son James played for my benefit "When God-Fearin' Women Get the Blues," which was funny. Then Lizzie played "Cruella Deville," which was not so funny. Still, I got the message. Had to apologize a few times.)
It was a memorable time. A couple who had been at John's first piano recital came. Good friends, old and new, good music, good food....fun night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You must be so proud of him. I'm so pleased that everyone had such a great time. Rosemary, d'you think you could persuade your son to upload some of his music to the net so I could listen to it? Imagining the sound of it just isn't good enough :-)

Mike Bogdan said...

I would love to upload some of it to the net, Deb. I'm going to see if we can. This concert was recorded.

Rosemary said...

The above comment was from me, Deb. This is driving me nuts. My son goes on Facebook and he must not be logging off, or something. Even if the computer is turned off in between, my comments keep coming up "Michael" Let's ee if this one comes out right. (Another little opportunity to practice patience...)

Suzanne said...

Yes! This would be fun to listen to.
Keep us in prayer for the Ohio retreat, will you? Thanks!
Got the info to take with me...God bless, Suz

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, you and everyone going are in my prayers..May it be a wonderfully blessed weekend. (If this is listed as "Michael" know that it is really Rosemary :-)

Kitchen Madonna said...

I'm glad Saint Martha came through for such a memorable occasion. You must be very proud and rightly so Rosemary!

Denise said...

Such a talented family! You are truly blessed. I am so glad everything turned out well. Oh, and don't worry about a few moments of occasional lunacy. I am sure everyone knew that out of love you wanted it all to be perfect. It sounds like it was!

Rosemary said...

Yes, she did, KM. Thank you, St. Martha.

CM, you're very kind. Yes, it was out of love, but also a kind of disordered perfectionism. After the songs my children played for me I was able to laugh a little and let go. Thanks for being so sweet.