Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fathers Day








This is the first Fathers Day without my dad. He is in a crypt in a mausoleum. This is the stained glass window at the end of the room. I went there today and took flowers. I wrote that we all missed him a lot and that he was a great father. My oldest son and I said a rosary for the repose of his soul.

Then we came home and celebrated fathers day with my husband. We went to an Italian restaurant. (above) We had to sit at two booths because we hadn't made a reservation. Oh well. At least we got in. Afterwards we came home and Daddy-o opened his presents. It was actually a very fun and peaceful today-- one of those rare opportunities to celebrate with everybody here (except my dad, of course...)
I hope you all had a Happy Fathers Day!!

9 comments:

Jean Heimann said...

What a beautiful family you have, Rosemary!

You are so blessed. I hope you all had a great day - especially your husband. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Anonymous said...

You do have the most beautiful family, Rosemary :-)

Is the stained glass depicting the story of the Good Samaritan? (I can't quite make it out)

Be blessed!

Suzanne said...

Thank you for reminding me to pray for my Dad a little more today...I thought of him hurriedly because something was going on, so thanks!
Yes, Danny had a nice day..it was a little loud since I have three silly teens who were having some kind of chasing thing going on in the house when the man was trying to nap. What was that all about? They don't ever do that, but maybe they were thinking they were all little again and that their bodies and voices were still small...not exactly. ;) The kids and he stayed up past midnight watching old family videos..that was nice. :)

Renee said...

May your father's memory be eternal!

Mimi said...

Hugs. May your Dear Dad's Memory be Eternal.

And, Happy Father's Day to Danny.

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much.
Deb, yes, it's the good samaritan. I love it.
Suzanne, that's so funny. Teens playing chase games. Little kids on the inside of the big bodies...It shows through from time to time, doesn't it.

Suzanne said...

Rosemary..I don't see your email address...maybe I am overlooking it, but you can email me as
suz.mcconnell@insightbb.com (about the Steubenville conference).
Suzanne

Kitchen Madonna said...

Gorgeous family!

Rosemary said...

Thank you, KM. :-)